Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Look At Recent 1% Gap Down Days

SPY is looking like it could open down over 1% this morning.  While a 1% gap may have been considered small in the fall of 2008, this would be only the 3rd time this year that SPY gapped down as much as 1%.  Below I have listed all 1% gap downs since the beginning of 2012, and how they fared from open to close.


More often than not they have gained back some losses during the day, but it certainly has not been a lock.  Good luck trading today.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Lately I see brokers struggling with the Option Builder tool: it’s either missing or broken…and “broken” is my word of choice for Beeoption’s Option Builder. I can select the Asset I want to trade, but when I get to the expiry time, no matter what period I input, a message will appear, informing me that I have selected an “Invalid Expiry Time”. The message also tells me that I’ve chosen an invalid risk/profit combination, but I fail to see how that is possible because I didn’t even get to the part where I select the profit/loss amount.

cedar finance

beeoptions